It’s safe to say that the Persuasive Essay is probably the most basic and traditional writing assignment given in higher education, mostly for undergrads. It’s purpose: to have the student writing the essay to make an argument and defend it. It’s a fairly simple concept.
ABCessays provides students with professionally written essays, reviews and college term papers. We guarantee you a flawless writing service. Try it now!
It generally requires at least five paragraphs – an introduction paragraph with an asserted Thesis Statement (the student-writer’s stated argument and purpose of writing the essay), followed by three body paragraphs that strongly defend this argument. It ends with a conclusion paragraph that summarizes the entire essay from start to finish and provides the readre with a comprehensive look at what the essay first sought to accomplish or argue, then defend in its entirety.
All in all, mastering the Persuasive Essay is one of the most beneficial skills any student studying any subject can have as they enter the real world. Why? Because it teaches them how to use their critical-thinking skills, to identify what constitutes an argument, and how to effectively defend their argument.
Topics and Ideas for Writing a Persuasive Essay
The student who must complete a Persuasive Essay can choose to make an argument out of the following:
- Which Is Better: Working from Home or the Office?
- Are Women Treated Fairly in the Workplace?
- Should Charities Focus More on Immediate Communities Rather Than Those in Other Countries?
- Is Climate Change a Problem?
- How Important Is Keeping a Clean House, a Clean Car, or Locker or Desk Office?
- Is College Necessary? Is Self-Education a Viable Alternative?
- Can a Person Be Good Without God or Religion?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Good”?
- What Is More Important: Talent Or Hard Work?
- Can Money Buy Happiness?
- Does Technology Have a Negative Effect on Human-To-Human Interaction?
- Is There an Advantage of a Vegan or Vegetarian Lifestyle?
- What Can Older People Learn From the Youngest Generation? And Vise Versa?
- When Does Disciplining One’s Own Children Goes Too Far?
- Do We Give Children Too Many Trophies?
- When Do You Become an Adult?
- Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?
- Should Rich People Have to Pay More Taxes?
- Should the U.S. Be Spying on Its Friends?
- When Is the Use of Military Force Justified?
- Are Some Youth Sports Too Intense?
- Where Should Colleges and Sports Teams Draw the Line in Selling Naming Rights?
- Should Colleges Fund Wellness Programs instead of Sports?
- Is Cheerleading a Sport?
- How Big Is a Deal That an N.B.A. Player Came Out as Gay?
- Should There Be Stricter Rules about How Coaches Treat Their Players?
- Should Athletes Who Dope Have to Forfeit Their Titles and Medals?
- Should Sports Betting Be Legal Everywhere?
- Should Home-Schoolers Be Allowed to Play Public School Sports?
- Are College Coaches Getting Paid Too Much?
- Are Women Better at Compromising and Collaborating?
- Do Fraternities Promote Misogyny?
- Is School Designed More for Girls Than Boys?
- Is There Too Much Pressure on Girls to Have ‘Perfect’ Bodies?
Only one click is keeping you from your perfect persuasive essay!