What Is a Cause and Effect Essay
A cause and effect essay is a type of essay where a student is generally required to illustrate a scenario in which one or more actions or events ultimately cause (or caused) certain effects to occur.
If you are looking for cause and effect essay examples here is a great one below.
10 Free Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Listed below are several topics for a Cause and Effect Essay; sorted by the course group in which the topic is most appropriate, the listed topics have under them several causes as well as the topic’s effects.
TOPIC 1. Illiteracy
- Causes of Illiteracy: Lack of education; ignorance.
- Effects of Illiteracy: A perpetuated cycle of ignorance and poverty; and low quality of life.
TOPIC 2. Success
- Causes of Success: Diligence; talent or intelligence; high level of education; networking; making good, intelligent choices in life.
- Effects of Success: Wealth, potential increase in one’s quality of life; happiness; fulfillment.
TOPIC 3. The Consumer’s Mistrust in a Brand
- Causes of Consumer’s Mistrust in a Brand: bad experience with a brand’s product or service; a consumer not liking what a brand stands for.
- Effects of Consumer’s Mistrust in a Brand: Consumer abandons mistrusted product and uses another brand’s products or services; consumer shares their mistrust with other consumers.
TOPIC 4. Poverty
- Causes of Poverty: Low job marketability due to a lack of education; bad life choices, like a bad business investment.
- Effects of Poverty: More poverty, as in one’s posterity and beyond; low quality of life; high risk for mental illness and incarceration.
TOPIC 5. Racism
- Causes of Racism: Racist upbringing, as in one’s parents and legal guardians; prejudice and hatred due to one’s lack of education, experience, or ignorance.
- Effects of Racism: Lack of trust between people of different racial groups; violence; narrow-mindedness.
TOPIC 6. Ignorance
- Causes of Ignorance: Lack of education; little real-world experience.
- Effects of Ignorance: Poverty; racism; illiteracy; low quality of life.
TOPIC 7. American Inclusion in World War II
- Causes of American Inclusion in World War II: Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor; England and France’s need for assistance against Axis Powers.
- Effects of American Inclusion in World War II: Helped defeat Axis Powers, and helped restore order in the world.
TOPIC 8. Prohibition
- Causes of Prohibition: The prevention by law of the manufacture and sale of alcohol in the US between 1920 and 1933.
- Effects of Prohibition: Criminals (bootleggers, Illegal nightclub owners, etc.) obtaining enormous wealth; a definite increase in criminal activity.
TOPIC 9. American Revolutionary War
- Causes of the American Revolutionary War: Boston Tea Party – the American colonists protesting England’s overreaching hands in the colony’s affairs, and because the colonists were not provided government representation.
- Effects of the American Revolutionary War: American independence from Great Britain, becoming a nation of its own governing body.
TOPIC 10. Great Depression
- Causes of the Great Depression: Stock market crash of 1929.
- Effects of the Great Depression: Widespread poverty and hardship; corruption, increase in criminal activity.
If you have read this article, but are still unable to select a proper essay topic, feel free to request assistance from our writing professionals. They are available and ready to help 24/7, so don't hesitate, call us now or place and order!